Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will be treated with respect and only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 05/20/2018.
Information we collect
When you visit the Site, the following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
Personal identification information
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to contact us through our contact form including its communication content and metadata;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to post a comment on Site;
- information that you post on our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Non-personal identification information
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
What we do with the gathered information
Personal information submitted to us through the Site will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Sharing your personal and non-personal identification information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We share your non-personal identification information with third parties to help us use your non-personal identification information, as described above.
For instance, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your personal identification information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your non-personal identification information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We use these tracking technologies for a few general purposes like:
- To allow our Site to function correctly.
- To understand how our Site is functioning and to inform any improvements in performance and our services.
- To enhance User experience on our Site and provide functionality that means, for example, you don’t have to re-enter your details each time you engage with our Site.
- To gather relevant data that helps us deliver marketing and advertising content relevant to your interests.
Your cookie options
Every web browser gives you an option to adjust your cookie preferences. Simply go to your web browser settings and choose the type of cookies you want to allow.
You can also use this free service to completely opt-out from third party advertising cookies.
Just keep in mind that if you disable cookies, web beacons and similar technologies there might be some functionality that will not work or not operate correctly on our Site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to www.planesandballoons.com, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you, however, from taking full advantage of the website.
Like many other Web sites, www.planesandballoons.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and a number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are NOT linked to any information that is personally identifiable (non-personal identification information).
We use Google Analytics
The Site uses Google Analytics services to better understand our visitor’s needs.
When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Data we collect, process, and store using Google Analytics (“Google Analytics data”) is secure and kept confidential. It is automatically deleted after 26 months from Google database. Such data retention allows us to compare traffic volumes and growth over time.
You can opt-out of having made your site activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
In order to do so, please contact us at [email protected]
Additionally, personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Last edited on October 26, 2018.