Free printable sight words worksheets and activities for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade.
Below you will find all the sight words worksheets and printables from around Planes&Balloons.
Whether you have a preschooler at home who is just starting to read their first words or a beginner reader, sight words are a great way to encourage their efforts!
Teaching sight words helps promote literacy as well as reading and spelling fluency in later grades.
All the worksheets and activities below are designed around the Dolch sight words list, which includes the most common 315 words in English language (220 “service” words and 95 nouns).
Sight words are divided into groups for each grade, so children can build their high frequency words vocabulary continuously.
So far, I’ve created activities and sight words worksheets for grades pre-k to grade 1. And I keep making new ones, so make sure to come back and get more of my free printables.
Preschool Sight Words Worksheets
My preschool sight words worksheets include all 40 so-called pre-primer sight words. Children will play find & color game, learn with sight words flash cards, or make art with sight words coloring pages.
- Pre-primer sight word sentences
- Pre-primer sight word flash cards
- Dolch pre-primer sight words coloring pages
- Do a dot preschool sight words worksheets
- Preschool sight words matching
Kindergarten Sight Words Worksheets
These kindergarten sight words worksheets include activities such as sigh word search, spot and color sight words, sight words scramble, and more. Kindergarten students will practice their 52 sight words from the Dolch list.
- Dolch sight words tracing
- Sight words search for kindergarten
- Candy sight words activity
- Sunny sight words worksheets
- Kindergarten sight words scramble
- Summer sight words
- Spring sight words worksheets
- Green eggs sight words
- Winter sight words printable
- Spring kindergarten learning pack (includes Color by sight words page)
- Christmas words activity pages
First Grade Sight Words Worksheets
I have only recently added first grade worksheets to this site, so expect my list of grade 1 sight words to grow in the future. For now, here are a few of Dolch sight words activities for first grade (41 sight words).
- Sight word scramble
- First grade sight words spot and dot
- Sight words dice game
- Dolch sight words writing and tracing
For tips and tricks on how to teach sight words to young learners, read this on-point Scholastic article.
More English language worksheets:
CVC missing vowel worksheets
Ending sounds kindergarten worksheets
CVC middle sounds worksheets
Beginning sounds worksheets
Beginning sounds cut and paste
Cut and paste upper and lowercase letters
Hot chocolate letter matching
Free printable ABC letter find