In this article: A collection of awesome winter activities for preschool and kindergarten.
The winter break will be over before we know it. So if you want to have winter-themed activities for your kids ready to go, have a look at my list. You’ll find numbers and letters activities, fine motor skills printables, coloring pages, winter crafts, and more!
Winter theme activities for preschool and kindergarten
This is a round-up post, meaning some of the links will take you to other verified and reliable websites. You might need to provide your email in order to get your free printable.
For the cold winter days, I put together this list of fun and most of all free winter activities for kids. I hope you’ll find plenty of inspiration and ideas here!
Most of these activities and worksheets are suitable for preschool, while many kindergarteners will enjoy and benefit from them as well.
Winter literacy activities
- A great winter alphabet activity for each letter of the alphabet – hot chocolate and marshmallows letter matching. It includes upper and lower case letters at the same time too! By Planes & Balloons
- Get these beginning sounds earmuffs puzzles great for winter literacy centers. By The kindergarten connection
- Is your child working on the Dolch sight words list? Then make sure to add these seven different sight words printables to your winter theme. By Planes & Balloons
- For learning and tracing letters, get these mitten roll and cover mats. They are really cute and colorful! By Fun learning for kids
- Here is a fun free snowball alphabet sorting activity. An easy printable for cold winter days! By Life over C’s
- These alphabet tracing cards are a great addition to literacy centers this winter. By The Letters of Literacy
- These penguin number worksheets are a must this winter season! From matching numbers with quantities and number words to tracing and spotting numbers. Lots of activities in one printable pack! By Planes & Balloons
- Make sure to look at these catching snowflakes counting cards for learning numbers one to twelve. By Modern preschool
- Check out these counting snowflakes puzzles for growing number sense and learning number words too. By Planes & Balloons
- Here is a fun set of winter clip counting cards for numbers one to twelve. By Miniature Masterminds
- Winter I spy based worksheets for learning to count to 12 and graphing. By Planes and Balloons
- This snowman shape matching game is a fun activity for preschoolers or even toddlers. By Totschooling
- Enjoy these Winter counting worksheets for preschool with your preschoolers. By Planes & Balloons
Winter crafts and fine motor activities
- These winter puzzles are too adorable. And you can choose from simple 9-piece puzzles or 36-piece puzzles depending on your child’s skills. Use them as cut and paste activities or laminate them for multiple uses. By Planes & Balloons
- If your kids like the dot markers, then these winter dot painting printables will come in handy! By The Resourceful Mama
- Add these color-by-number and color-by-letter sheets to your winter teaching resources. By Planes & Balloons
- I really love how simple but cute this popsicle sticks hot chocolate mug turns out! I think most kids will enjoy making this fun winter craft. By Glued to my crafts
- Here is a set of free printable winter tracing pages perfect for practicing pre-writing skills this January! By Palnes & Balloons
- Kids will have lots of fun with this snowman dress-up game. And they will practice their scissor skills too. This game is a perfect addition to your winter file folder games. By Planes & Balloons
- For simple coloring pages, download these free snowman coloring sheets. By Planes & Balloons
8 thoughts on “Free winter activities for preschool and kindergarten”
Love it!! Great way to start back after winter break.
Thank you! Glad you find these helpful!
Love this site and its resources!! I have twins that will be 3 in july of this year and I want them to be prepared for pre k next year 2020. This is the best site for help on free printables and guides to help teach our children at home and in the school system!! Yall are amazing sending much love from South Carolina with the Owens twins.
Thank you so much, Amanda! It’s very kind of you to say this. My boys are twins too and they are almost 4. We’ve been working with lots of the printables here and they’ve learned a ton this year. All the best to you and your family!
Oh wow!! How long I’ve been searching for worksheets like these… And it’s even better since they in packs. ☺️
Thanks alot dear, these are really helpful.
You’re welcome. I am glad you like my worksheets!
I have a toddler, almost preschooler, and I just printed a TON of your worksheets. I am going to home school, and my sister also is also home schooling, and I made 2 copies of a couple to share with her for her kids. THANK YOU!
I am glad to hear that! All the best with you homeschool preschool 😉